And so this is New Year’s…and what have I done?
Well, let me tell you. It’s only seven days into the New Year, and already I’ve broken three of my five brand new resolutions! I haven’t worked daily on my next Lennon book. I haven’t spent daily time in prayer. And I’ve lost my temper (yes, already!) with a goodly number of various and sundry people. In only seven days.
I’m willing to take the blame here, but…maybe (just maybe) I’m failing miserably because the resolutions I’ve created are pledges that I just can’t keep. Maybe I’d do better if I turned to The Beatles for some hints on how to live in 2016.
Hmmm, I wonder what resolutions the lads would have to offer?
(Mystical music begins playing…and fades into “Hey Jude”)
From: Dr. Winston O’Boogie, Paul Ramone, Carl Harrison, and Yer Ritchie
Here’s to 2016, luv! May it rock (’n ever roll over Beethoven).
Be it Resolved That Herein This Year, Y’ Should
- 1. Take a sad song and make it better.
- 2. Follow the sun.
- 3. Run…for your life (er, walk, skip, whatever)!
- 4. Try to see it my way (or his way, or her way…).
- 5. Lead a better life.
- 6. Get back to where you once belonged.
- 7. Sing in the dead of night.
- 8. Get up and dance to a song.
- 9. See the world spinnin’ round.
- 10. Love forever and forever. Love with all your heart. Love when you’re together. Love when you’re apart.
- 11. Try not to sing out of key.
- 12. Forget the tears we cried.
- 13. Carry that weight a long time.
- 14. Promise to be true.
- 15. Let it be.
But most of all remember: With our love, with our love, we could save the world.
Fondly and Funly,
Yer 1-n-Only Be-at-les! (shocking!)
Wow! These things, I think I might be able to do! Or at least I can try.
How about you? What’s your resolve, à la The Beatles, for 2016? Write and let us hear from you!
Here at The Fest for Beatles Fans we wish you love, health, and happiness in the year to come, and we hope to see you in Rye Brook AND Chicago. Happy New Year…and we send it along, with love, from us to you!
Jude Southerland Kessler is the author of the John Lennon Series: www.johnlennonseries.com